Documents for Application
The next step is to prepare your set of documents which will be attached to your application. The documents ensure that your application is not immediately rejected on grounds of not fulfilling the requirements, so make sure you have all of them.
Checklist of documents you need to obtain a Germany job seeker visa:
- A valid passport (issued in the past 10 years and valid for at least 12 months after your scheduled return)
- A copy of your passport’s data page
- 3 passport pictures based on biometric specifications
- A cover letter where you explain the objective of your visit, how you plan to find employment, and your alternative career plans if you cannot find a job
- Diploma of your degree (or any other proof of academic qualification from a German or non-German university) as well as any certificates of previous work experience
- Your detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Proof of accommodation in Germany (where you will be staying during your visit)
- Proof of financial means to cover the costs for the time of your stay in Germany by showing one of the following documents:
- Verpflichtungserklärung (formal obligation letter) by a sponsor living in Germany
- Bank account statement, or
- Blocked bank account.
- Proof of personal status in your home country, such as birth certificate, marriage certificate, and others (translated in English)